Monday, August 01, 2011

AnimagiC 2011

One of the best weekends EVER is behind me.
I was at AnimagiC 2011 last weekend and it was AWESOME. It really topped the LBM this year, I didn't expect it *O*~

I was there on Friday and Saturday. Together with my dear friends Val, Jessi and Sanny who joined us on Saturday, we gave her the ticket for her birthday!

And I planned to do a lot of shopping but, ...well. Originally I wanted to buy a lot of Madoka Magica merchandise and I went through the shopping area multiple times:

.... nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
Except at the OCS Store's booth you could buy the manga for the series (totally overpriced!) and an anime artbook (I didn't like it), that's it!

No keychains, plushies, stand-up dolls, posters, knick-knacks and I REALLY wanted to buy knick-knacks XD but then there's nothing! But Naruto merch everywhere you could look!


But I watched the first episode with Val again at the anime cinema and found some other things!
Here is a photo of my smol haul:



● 'Love Love Mangaka' and 'Caramel Kiss' (very cute Manga x3)
● NES Controller & Star cans filled with Mints
● An autograph from Nina Werner! *D*
A COPIC CIAO BAG FOR 72 MARKERS, FOR ONLY 10€! IT COST ONLINE 40€!



I just had to buy it *laughs*.

Yeah, about the autograph, we went to the signing of the Tokyopop artists on Saturday, I've NEVER been to one before and had no clue qhat to expect. XD We just queued up for Nina (I like her work!) and stood there for an hour. Just when it was supposed to be OUR turn, the publisher dude arrived:

"Sorry, we have to stop here, it's the other artists' turn now."


Bruh.
I was so sad! But Nina was so nice Q_Q~ she signed cards on the side and gave them to us!
So sweet!

After the book signing, the Tokyopop artists drew on a huge canvas: An illustration of Grimm's manga.
(Of course I forgot to take a photo....XD) Shortly after that we went to the 'art room' for a little drawing session.

And here's a half-finished Miya:



On Saturday we also watched the Dragonball performance by the group Daijoubu.
They are SO fun to watch! XD I loved their flyer:



I laughed in tears, I had such a stomach ache after the show! XDDD
The hall was FULL when they performed, that's where I saw the group for the first time.

Later that evening we went to see the Shanadoo concert at the convention *_*; I did'nt know any of their songs (my friends did) but it was just awesome!

Well, those were just the highlights! I really enjoyed this con and next year I definitely have to go again *____*~